Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Triad location

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sripri

Automotive
Feb 16, 2007
US
Is there a way to fix the triad at a certain location (Orgin of a part in an assembly for example). What I am trying to do is use triad to rotate or displace parts in an assembly. I want to do various iterations of rotations and/or displacements. Whenever I RMB and initiate the Triad, I want it to be in a certain place of my choice. But, it appears to assume its own starting location though it allows me to move it to wherever I want. I just don't want to move the triad to an initial position of my choice every time. Is there a way to accomplish my requirement ? Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I don't think so......you can drag it there but not set it as default. I would maybe suggest using mates to do your rotations and translations....then you can use equations or configurations or evena design table to do different iterations.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
UG NX4.01.0 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2007 SP3.1 on WinXP SP2

The Reference Triad remains in the bottom LH corner.

The Move/Rotate Triad, when activated, appears at the centroid of the selected part. I don't know of a way to pre-select it's position.

[cheers]
SW07-SP3.1
SW06-SP5.1

No...I think he means the triad used for moving assembly components. Right click a part in an assembly to activate it.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
UG NX4.01.0 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2007 SP3.1 on WinXP SP2

Thank you answers, I think the Triad is a great functionality when doing some quick checks, but would have been nice to keep it stay for some time at a place I want it to be. There may be a reason why they didn't do it that way. Again, Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back