Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

trimming deatil views

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevwoogs

Mechanical
Aug 15, 2006
GB
Hi,

When clipping detail views in a drawing I use -clipping profile view-, problem is;

a. When creating the clipping profile I want to use spline (not line as default) is this possible?

b. To clip a detail view you need to create a closed loop. I only want the trim line passing through the part to appear . My solution is to hide or delete the unwanted lines, but when you update a drawing they re appear – very annoying. Can this be avoided?

Thanks - Kevin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

If I understand your question, I've been able to acheive the view clipping that I want by way of 'Breakout View'. The cube with the corner broke out. Select the Icon, trap the area that you want hidden by indicating multiple points which will create your psuedo spline (joined line-segments), a pop-up window will appear, drag the cut-plane PAST the part or assembly in the direction of the arrow, and hit OK. The view will be clipped with 'Break-Lines' and will remain that way after update. You can also apply this clipping to other views by right-clicking on the view and selecting 'Apply Break-Out to' option, and select the view you want clipped. I have found this feature very handy.
Hope this helps....Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back