Trouble meshing part

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylor W

Geotechnical
Feb 7, 2023
US
Hello all,

I'm trying to simulate a well angled 60 degrees from the vertical, but I haven't been able to get a decent mesh. I've tried many partitions and seeds, but none have worked. Any insights or tips would be appreciated. I've attached the part file and a screenshot of the part.

Angled_Well_Screenshot_g1zyjf.png

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can mesh it using tetrahedral elements but high seed density will be necessary and you may have to add a few partitions (e.g. along the well) to improve the mesh quality. Is it necessary to have so large domain around the well in this case ? Also, how was this part modeled ? In Abaqus or in some CAD software ? In what way ?

Sorry, I did forget to mention that I am using coupled temperature-pore pressure elements in Abaqus, which doesn't allow tetrahedral elements. I could make the domain smaller, but I need it large enough that the far field boundary conditions don't interfere with the loads at the wellbore.

You could use the C3D10MPT element which is a second-order modified tetrahedron for coupled temperature-pore pressure applications.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back