Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Trouble with exploded view in drawings creo parametric 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

bucknast

Mechanical
Apr 10, 2012
US
I have an assembly I'm trying to make an exploded view drawing for, but it keeps reverting to the regular state in the drawing after I edit anything. I put the components in the desired position in exploded view mode using the edit position tool, but when I click the "explode components in view" check box under view states on the drawing, nothing happens. If I "customize explode state" manually on the drawing it reverts to the original state after I make any changes and when it prints. What am I missing here?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Bucknast,

I'd Suggest doing your explode states in Assembly Mode and choose to display them on the Drawing.

While it's possible to modify them in Draw Mode it's not desired method and it's what seems to be giving you trouble.

Saving your .drw drawing document should fully rebuild the assembly explode state. There is also a Regenerate Draft option you may want to use.

Happy Patty's Day Eve to everyone celebrating it. If not there's nothing wrong with drinking Green Tea :)

Cheers in either case.
[stpatrick2]

"It's not the size of the Forum that matters, It's the Quality of the Posts"

Michael Cole
Boston, MA
CSWP, CSWI, CSWTS
Follow me on !w¡#$%
@ TrajPar - @ mcSldWrx2008
= ProE = SolidWorks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back