Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TRUMP vs AMADA daily maintenance 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaserSpyder

Materials
Jun 4, 2014
US
I just visited one of our sister locations where they have three Trump lasers and they just acquired an Amada laser so I went to check it out, and they brought over the operator that was on the laser at its previous location, so were talking about our daily maintenance and we both clean our lens and center our tip every morning before we start cutting, but then I was talking to the trump operators and they don't, is it normal not to clean trump lenses every morning? and they run 3 shifts on those badboys! [surprise] Thank yall

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I run an amada but used to run Trumpf and only clean lens if I'm having trouble with cut sometimes I go 2 weeks without cleaning the lens over cleaning your lens can reduce its lifespan. Cleaning can cause microscratches on the surface which can heat up and change focus depth.

I agree with drossfree , we only clean them after the cut quality changes. We have had operators in the past do more damage cleaning them all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back