Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

truncated pop-up menus

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmm

Mechanical
Jan 11, 2002
US
It seems that in version 2003 they've implemented a "feature" similar to what the Windows OS calls personalized menus. The few commands solidworks has chosen to hide for my viewing pleasure happen to be commands I use frequently, so I am constantly clicking the double-down arrows. How irritating. Does anyone know how to turn off this new "feature"?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Tools>Options and select Always Show Full Shortcut Menus.

Wanna Tip? faq731-376
"Probable impossibilities are to be preferred to improbable possibilities."

On my XP box no double click is required to expand to full length, just a hoover over the arrow. Additionally a command will be moved up once it is used so after a few hours of use I rarely have to go below for selections.

Does anyone know how to turn this off in SW2004? The "Always Show Full Shortcut Menus" checkbox seems to have been removed.

Regg

If you went through the "what's new" in SW04 you would have seen it this there. Help\What's new Manual

Once in the What's New manaul - Expand Solidworks Fundamentals\Menus\Customization - There it explains how to get rid of the Double arrows.

Basically you have to use Customize the by clicking the check mark for each box in the menu. You have to do this for each menu.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Scott,

I had gone through the What's New Manual (book, not online) and it is not obvious to me that this is what they are talking about. Even the normal SolidWorks help does not explain it (I did look there too!). What's even more bizarre is that this question came up in a "What's New" training class last week and our VAR did not have a clue on how to do this either.

Regg

Right-click a toolbar and select customize. In the toolbar dialogue, select the "Options" tab. You select the "Show All" button for Shortcut menus and Pull-down menus.

Jason Capriotti
ThyssenKrupp Elevator

Another change for the sake of change, so we can waste more time figuring out how to fix something that wasn't busted...

SolidWorks: SPEND THE DEVELOPMENT MONEY ON QUALITY ASSURANCE AND THOROUGH TESTING. FIX THE STABILITY PROBLEMS.

IMO - They made it better than it was. Now I have the choice to view what options I want to see in my RMB menu or any menu for that matter.

As for your STABILTIY ISSUES - see thread559-91387

If your angry about problems your having in SW. You don't need to bring them here. If you have a question concerning your stability issue, please ask in a new post and I'm sure someone would be happy to try and help you out.

Everyone in this group is talented each in their own way, so I'm sure someone would help.

Regards,

Scott Baugh, CSWP [borg2]
CSWP.jpg

faq731-376

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back