Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Truss joint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Augiz

Structural
Oct 24, 2012
Hi,
i'm a new user of the Cosmos/M and i got home work design truss joint from CHS, for example like attachment. Can everyone help me? I would be grateful for command line or other information.
Sorry for english.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Ok, Augiz. I've had a similar research few years ago.. Despite of that, i'll try to give you several ideas and tips, which i believe help you to apply in your model as well.
At first, creat lower truss chord and other membrs by extrudying them.
Generate intersection points between lower truss and member by CRINTSC command. Some new lines will appear. Use these new lines to create surfases or contours, which you'll mesh them later...
Because of convergence, i recommend you to divide lower chord upper face into the two surfaces.
Try to mesh one surface after other, not all at once. Thats helps you to tune model meshed model part and to fix it faster, without looking them in all the model.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=345c429c-0bfa-4a1b-87ae-9dec1ba155bc&file=Capture2.JPG
Mykolas,
iš vardo sprendžiu, kad tu lietuvis. Gal gali pasakyti savo el. paštą, norėčiau konkrečiau pakalbėti dėl šios užduoties. Mano el. paštas augiss10@gmail.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back