Tube-To-Tubesheet Joint - Interface Pressure

Status
Not open for further replies.

marty007

Mechanical
Mar 8, 2012
CA
Hello,

I'm reading up on tube rolling procedures, and am working on an exchanger that will be using rolled tubes. Going through the Compress inputs I come across the inputs for Interface Pressure (PO, PT). I understand the meaning/importance of these values, but am not familiar with the calculations methods.

The Codeware Help Manual refers to the book: Mechanical Design Of Heat Exchangers And Pressure Vessel Components by Singh and Soler for a calculation method (section 7.8). I've tried to track down this book but can't find a copy. Amazon doesn't appear to have any copies available.

Does anyone have any other literature available that can provide calculation methods suitable for input into Compress?

Thank you,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have nothing to add other than any answer to this question will help more than one person.

Several times I've begun to attempt some sort of elastic balance with limited success.

--------------------------------
Fitter, happier, more productive

A while ago I have found the information below on another forum:

These pressures are not easy to calculate. For example the interface pressure based on tube expansion depends on the procedure used for tube expansion, effects of transportation shocks, non-linear effects on nearby tube holes when you expand a particular tube etc.

The ASME code committee could not come to a conclusion on it. These pressure can increase or decrease the allowable joint load. In my opinion if you do not have a good value to input for these pressures, then set it to 0. Then, their effect will be ignored, which will be similar to the older addenda.

Attached you find one formula for interfacial pressure.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=85accf2e-4c7a-4bd6-853b-57c6f2f1b1a5&file=Interface_Pressures.pdf
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back