Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Tuning temperature loop, steam pressure loop and evaluating level loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

zaideeo

Electrical
Sep 5, 2001
CA
Got some questions :

1)Is temperature suppose to be self regulating or non self regulating loop?

2)What type of responce should be used for temperature loop tuning?

3)How to bump test temperature loop properly, is it like bump testing flow/pressure loop or like testing level loop?

4)Any tips on doing bump test and tuning on steam pressure loop? I am guessing we will use 1st order responce to tune steam just like any other medium that uses pressure control.

5)How to evaluate if a level loop is tuned optimally? With auto/manual test, if %2sigma is more then 1% in auto, is that still acceptable for level loop. The reason I am asking is because I usually benchmark 1st order responce loop with condition of it being an excellent performer if %2sigma in auto is below 1%. With level loop since tank can be a buffer and commonly known, a tank can be allowed to take quite a bit more of variation to maintain stable process for medium going into it or going out of it, I am not sure how to evaluate if it is tuned as best as possible.

6)How do I determine if there's stiction/hysteresis for level control valve?

Appreciate if anybody have answers to these questions. Thanks.

Zaidee Othman

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back