Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Turbine last stage blade Cyclic symmetry problem v12.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gb420917

Mechanical
Oct 29, 2001
GB
I'm Creating a turbine last stage blade 36" long with a sector of the disc included. I have realigned the global co ordinates to pass through the model c of g and also make the specification of the rotational axis easier or so I thought. The matching of the meshes for symmetry works for the disc but not the tip restraints which are 1/4" dia bar which allows the tip of the blade to articulate. I have checked the creation of the tip restraints they are modelled once and rotated into position and cut using the necessary surfaces of the blade tip block. I have pitched out two blades and checked for gaps or interference within pro/e with nothing showing up, I also imported two blades into ansys and set the auto contact to the minimum approx 0.00002 mm ansys finds contact and the two half sectors of the pin align but when I try to match the surfaces on a single blade a topology error is given by ansys. Yet the struts seem to match perfectly any ideas. I'm going to try in ansys 11 incase this is an issue with 12.1.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Managed to solve this one.
Ansys 11 and 12 permit cyclic symmetry within one part which is not possible within this multiple part blade assembly, but in 13 I was able to create the two halves of the strut rotated apart by one pitch as a single part in pro/e and then reading the complete blade assembly into Ansys.
Ansys then sees the single strut (containing two volumes within pro/e)as two individual parts almost like a sub assembly but permits the faces to be considered cyclic as they originate from the same part id.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back