Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turbine not running at speed fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paul Olson

Industrial
Jan 19, 2021
US
thread380-448625
I have a bystronic 4020 that runs anywhere from 20 minutes to 9 hours. What I have finally figured out is that when you first start it the drive for the turbine is running at 17 to 18 amps. As it runs the current slowly drops. When it hits 14 amps it gives the turbine not running at speed fault. It keeps running but shuts of the excitation modules. The drive is always running at 370 HZ and around 375 volts to the motor. This has been confirmed with a separate meter and the display on the drive. I am pretty confident that the motor is not changing speed because of this fact. I have been told that the gas mix might be getting too much Helium or not enough Nitrogen. Any advice woould be helpful.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

either your inverter is not outputting the run signal (rare if you see 370 hz)or or the digital IO module isn't seeing it, which is very common. Swap the DIO modules, make sure to readress the jumpers/dipsw to the slots the boards came from. the error might go away or switch to something else DIO like a shutter error or door switch. I'm building a test rack in my shop for these things.

Chris Krug Maximum Up-time, Minimum BS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back