Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Turbo blower

Status
Not open for further replies.

fab3

Industrial
Dec 4, 2008
US
I recently looked at a mazak mark II. It has a 1500 watt Panasonic resonator with 36,000 hours on it. I am told the blower is original , my concern is that it might fail soon. Does anyone know anything about newer style blowers? How many hours before they need to be serviced or replaced? How much a new or refurbished unit costs? I'm not positive but I think this machine has a leybold blower. The machine is from 2002.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We actually have one of these machines at our shop. Great machines so far, but I've only worked there for 5 months now. The only problem that the mark II has ran into is a mechanical failure of the shutter where the shutter broke the metal stop. Mazak came out and replaced it for about 14-16 thousand dollars for just the unit. If you can wait till Wednesday when I head back to work, I'll look through the maintenance schedule, run time, and ask my peers what kind of repairs that thing has gone through. I run a two 3000W Mazak Super Turbo x612 Hi-Pro Supercharged lasers and the only real big thing that it has gone through since I've been there was a fried resonator controller or something. Wish I could help you out a bit more. Oh also don't let my post deter you from the machine. I could have came into the shop at the tail end of them working right. Also the climate was in the middle of a change. I will get back to you though on the status of our laser on Wednesday, 1/2/12.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back