Tutorial V20 Solid Edge not running

Status
Not open for further replies.

JK1946

Electrical
Oct 4, 2008
US
Hi All

I am a legitimate owner of V20 but its many years since I stopped my updates. I am trying to get the tutorials within V20 to run again. Heres the situation.....

I launch the tutorial and the model shows up but the instruction window to read and execute the NEXT steps is not popping up

I will call Siemens after the new year to see if they will take a call but I am not sure they will give me answer since its been years since I stopped buying updates.

Anyone know how to get the tutiorial window to open?

Thanks
JaKay

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Try resetting the Solid Edge user settings using the following method:

For any of the paths shown as an environment variable you can cut and paste this path into the Windows Explorer address bar and it will resolve the %% environment variable automatically for you i.e. %APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions -> C:\Users\<user id>\AppData\Roaming\Unigraphics Solutions.

1. If you are running a managed solution e.g. SEEC, Insight, SESP, launch Solid Edge. If not running a managed solution skip to step #4.

2. Open the Cache Assistant.

3. Clear the content of your cache – check in and delete files as necessary.

4. Exit Solid Edge.

5. Run "regedit" [or your registry editing tool of choice].

6. Inside the registry delete the "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Unigraphics Solutions" key and everything under it. WARNING: do NOT delete "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Unigraphics Solutions".

7. Exit "regedit".

8. In "Windows Explorer" browse to %APPDATA%. If you cannot see this folder you will need to change your Windows Explorer "Folder Options" to show hidden and system files and folders.

9. Delete the "%APPDATA%\Unigraphics Solutions" folder and everything underneath it.

10. The user's Solid Edge settings have been reset and cleared.

Dave

No luck .. same result .. the Tutorial pane does not open but as I noted the tutorial model does. I see in the registry it did put back the Solid Edge folder

Thanks anyway

You reset your Solid Edge preferences so yes you will lose the path to Standard Parts! You will need to reconfigure *all* of your Solid Edge options again after resetting.

Also, IIRC, when you run the tutorials the tutorial window does not open inside Solid Edge but opens outside of Solid Edge in a separate Windows Help screen. Please show a screenshot of your *entire* desktop not just the Solid Edge window.

There should be no need to reinstall Standard Parts. SImply go into you Solid Edge Options and define the necessary parameters/options used for Standard Parts.

As for the help, the standard Solid Edge help window launches and opens without issue when you select Help?

Sounds easy but not for me..I select in OPTIONS, file locations,Managed Standard Parts and it keeps saying it needs a managed folder..I have no idea what this program is now looking for....

And that would be a correct error message. Unless you are running a managed Solid Edge solution i.e. SEEC or Insight then you would not set this preference or *any* preferences under "Managed".

You will need to open a blank model file, then select Options, then set the Standard Parts SAC file location option.

Well, I guess its not going to work then..I thank you for your effort but I guess I have to re-install the whole thing again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back