Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

tutorials on modal analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeroenDevos

Mechanical
Aug 16, 2006
BE
Hello everybody,

I'm new to Marc! To train myself I am looking for some useful tutorials on dynamic analysis.

Can somebody help me out here?

thanks in advance,
Jeroen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I can't help, but I can say good luck. I started trying to use Marc 2005 about one year ago. Coming from Mechanica and or Ansys Workbench I knew I was in for a learning curve. Little did I know how tough it would be. The documentation for Marc is VERY poor in my mind. For example, clicking on help for commands like RBE2 gives help like "use this to define an RBE2". Well no sh*%. I was hoping for some detailed explanation, maybe even an example.

Marc seems immensely powerful but poorly documented and assumes you are a PhD. Poor marketing on MSC's part. I am a "lowly" engineer so I find it frustrating to work with. Having said that, I just email their tech support with a whole lot of questions and they are very good.

JeroenDevos,

The MARC user guide has 1460 pages of information on all aspects of MARC modelling including examples of simple and complex dynamic analyses.

I've sucessfully used MARC for 6 years without the aid of a PhD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back