Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

TV out via graphics card

Status
Not open for further replies.

VxA

Electrical
Dec 12, 2002
CA
Hi everyone,

I'm currently designing a camera network that has 4 Ethernet cameras on a dedicated network. These cameras are watching over various parts of the process in an OSB (Oriented Strand Board) plant.

In the control cab, we want to have 4 TV monitors each showing a different camera. We also will have one main monitor where the operator can 'zoom' in on one camera via a window in WonderWare.

It is no problem to set up the WonderWare application, but where I am having trouble is in figuring out how to be able to feed a singal from each camera out from the operator's computer (connected via an NIC to the Ethernet) to the 4 TV monitors. I think there are graphics cards available where this can be done, but then I am not sure how to assign what will be shown on each monitor. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Collin

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Chris,

Thank you for your help. You are right, all the cameras are TCP/IP (actually they are all Axis cameras).

I'm now looking at some Hirschmann converters to see if they can help me with this. I have been told there are some that can convert fiber to BNC. Apparently it is possible to specify an TCP/IP address for the convertor to look for and only information from that source is passed through. If this is the case I should be able to use these to get my monitors showing one camera each (providing the cost is reasonable).

Thanks again for your help.

-Collin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back