Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two-Dimensional Family Tables

Status
Not open for further replies.

arybalnik

Automotive
Jan 18, 2005
US
My question is more directed about the dimensions of the generic part of the family table. Part of my problem has to do with part numbering convention of my company. In order for our custom PLM system work properly, my generic part has to be in the format of 123456-123.

For example, I have a tube of varying lengths. Naturally, I would change the dimension's name from "dXX" to "LENGTH" and change "@D" to "@S" in order for "LENGTH" to appear on the drawing.

My generic part must have -001 extension, and other instances would -002, -003, etc. With this naming convention, being -001 the generic part, it does not show up in the Two-Dimensional Family Table.

Does anyone know how to include generic part dimensions into this table?

Best regards,

Aleksey

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Aleksey,

Give this a try.

You can create an instance -000 for the generic and then use * as the value in the table which will make the -001 dimensions equal to those of the generic part -000.

This may conflict with company policy but if they don't care about a -000 file existing for this to work you should be okay.

Michael

I have used the base number for the generic with -ft, 123456-ft.prt is the generic and then 123456-001, etc is the instances.
Michael's method would work, too.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back