Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Two interviews with same organization?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panjaabi

Mechanical
Oct 24, 2006
US
I applied for two entry level engineering positions with Navy (same department). I got the interview for both positions and now I have to sign up for interview schedule. There are three people interviewing and I can pick which one to interview with for both interviews.

Is it better to interview with two different people for the two jobs? I was thinking to interview with the same person, but I guess interviewing with the same person means he will probably consider my application for only one job.

Anyone had similar experience?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Go for all three if you can.

If you interview with only one person, you get the job or not dependent entirely upon the impression that you made on that one person.

Maybe he was having a bad day. Maybe he didn't like your shoes.

If you interview with multiple people, they will discuss you afterwards. Each will tell the other's what they liked and disliked about you.

You're chances are better if you speak with more people.

Also, you will have the opportunity to hear more views on the position.

I would agree with MintJulep. If you can get all three go that route. Each one of them will have different viewpoints about you and can also provide different viewpoints or answers to questions you may have about the position(s). The company I am with now interviewed me three different times for three different positions with different hiring managers each time. The offer came in for what I considered the best choice.

Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back