Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Two sums and two variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

re4m

Mechanical
Aug 10, 2012
How to write an equation in mathcad with two sums and two variables
For example: sum of all i-es and sum of all j-es, of equation q*k*y[sub]ij[/sub]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It's just a double summation, using the range variable summation <shift>4 twice

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

I don't understand. You haven't defined anything at all, other than about 5 constants. What is t[i,j? why is k only k, when it appears that you want it dependent on t[i,j?

I suggest that you use the help files and read the examples, or ask your instructor

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

QLFG = maximum expected LFG generation flow rate (m3/yr)
i = 1 year time increment
n = (year of the calculation) – (initial year of waste acceptance)
j = 0.1 year time increment
k = methane generation rate (1/yr)
Lo = potential methane generation capacity (m3/Mg)
Mi = mass of solid waste disposed in the ith year (Mg)
t[ij] = age of the j-th section of waste mass Mi disposed in the i-th year (decimal years)
MCF = methane correction factor
F = fire adjustment factor

My job is to solve this equation, but I have to explain mathcad this t[i,j] variable, because it's dependable of i and j. Even if I assign this variable with any number, my equation won't work... Anyone?

What I meant is that you have failed to enter any VALUES to the variables. How do you expect a program calculate an answer where you've provided no inputs?

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Well, don' you think you're going to need a table of 160 values to enter? You can insert an Excel component, which will create an embedded worksheet, through which you can add in the values you need

TTFN
faq731-376
7ofakss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back