Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type II monolithic curb

Status
Not open for further replies.

lila

Civil/Environmental
Nov 21, 2002
US
When we call 6" monolithic curb, is 6" be at top width or bottom width of curb. When I look at the standard, it says 5" on top,6 1/2" at bottom and another is 6" at top, 8" at bottom. Which is actually face of curb. When we say 6" curb we will have 6" curb thickness and 6" height in sections. What actually Type II monolithic cutb specifications for 6" curb thickness and 6" curb height"
Thanks
Lila

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi, Lila,

A 6" Type II Monolithic curb is going to be defined either by your State DOT (or whatever regional transportation regulation agency serves where you live) or your municipality. They will have drawings detailing what the appropriate dimensions should be. Robert Weber, EI
Maurer-Stutz, Inc
"I am satisfied that your answer is correct. I am not, however, satisfied that your answer is right."

yes,
The answer looks like an appropriate one.
thanks
lila

6" is a nominal depth. It is the same as the reference to 6" pipe. The actual diameter varies with the pressure rating, however it's nominal designation is 6". Same as with the curbs. KRS Services

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back