Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Type Tested options to IEC60439 for 1kV DC Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

FreddyNurk

Electrical
Dec 21, 2005
AU
I'm aware with greater interest in arc flash issues, fault withstand and safety that there is more of a progression to use of Type Tested and Partially Type Tested assemblies, at least as far as typical AC LV Switchboards are concerned.

However, has anyone come across equivalent arrangements for DC?
All the literature I've seen so far (Elsteel, Cubic, ABB etc) indicates that the product line has all the certification and details for AC systems, but not for DC (even though the standard references 1kV AC / 1.5kV DC).

We're seeing a lot more call for DC systems for battery storage and so on, but I've not seem much in the way of equipment that has such a certification for DC systems as an equivalent to AC. As far as battery systems are concerned, there are similar requirements in terms of fault withstand, current carrying capacity and so on, and it would be great if its possible to allow for the same modular systems on the market these days are able to be used for DC, but I've not seen much in manufacturer's literature to date.

I'll admit I've not asked any of the manufacturers specifically yet, and given that I'm not actually within the EU most of the enquiries would be with systems integrators rather than manufacturers. It'd be good to know which ones to target first, of course.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back