Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Typical values of Friction Angle, soil density fry and Saturated for different soils 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

XinLok

Civil/Environmental
Oct 22, 2019
QA
Sirs,
I am looking for a list containing friction Angles, soil density dry and saturated for different type of Soils.
I found many tables but not covering the above requested information.
I need a consolidated table which containing all information above.

Anyone can help in this issue please?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Sir,

Thanks a lot for those 2 chapters, appreciated.

However, the first one containing wet and dry densities and the second one containing dry density and friction angle.

I need one with all the information together.

Do you have other than this?

Thanks and Regards

Sir,
I would like to make an excel sheet to design foundation.
for input, I have to provide friction angle, Dry density and Saturated density.
So, I should have a list containing different type of soil.
From this list, I will choose what type of soil we have, and base on this we I can proceed with designing of foundation.

XinLok - this is not a site for homework/college work. When you graduate, then, fine.
But, why not take the information and make your own table? Too much trouble?
Regards

Sir, I am not asking anyone to do my work.
I am looking for a list containing the requested information for many days and when I gave up, I posted my question here.
I am not able to make my own table

I am not able to make my own table

No one tells you to make your own table, but to compile information got from the referenced material (NAVFAC 7.1-22 and 7.2-39) into a table. If you can't, or know, how to do this, then how could it be real - "
I would like to make an excel sheet to design foundation.
"

Any one who wants to have such a table where you can punch in some simple items such as loads, etc is not practical and this is wishful thinking. Some times you can't simplify a complicated subject and have it useful, practically. Next thing you will find someone with no knowledge on the subject using it for a complicated situation and the result can be serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back