Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UCS 66

Status
Not open for further replies.

mechbadem

Mechanical
Jul 10, 2014
TR
Hello

I have real diffuculty to understand UCS-66. Specially figures for impact testing. can someone please help me out ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

First, do you understand the term impact testing? If you do, the purpose of UCS-66 is to provide rules for what materials need to be impact tested based on design temperature and materials which can be exempt from impact testing depending on classification, thickness of the material and design temperature.

Instead of design temperature, I will term MDMT - Minimum Design Metal Temperature.

UCS-66 deals with Carbon steel materials only. IF rated MDMT is higher than design MDMT, then you have to perform impact test of that material in conjuction with UG-84.

First of all, you need to find out what is governing thickness with the help of figure UCS-66.3. Then find out under which curve equipment material falls as per figure UCS-66. And accordingly UCS-66 figure will help, determine rated MDMT.

Use figures UCS-66.1/66.2 to calculate coincident ratio and deduction in rated MDMT. Use UCS-68(c) if appicable.

After that decide for impact test requirement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back