Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UDFs with IntelliSense Parameter Descriptions

Status
Not open for further replies.

1503-44

Petroleum
Jul 15, 2019
ES
I'm trying to add descriptions of various parameters in my UDFs using DNA-IntelliSense into an Addin I'm writing that contain a number of UDFs. The parameter descriptions can be saved as a table on a worksheet or saved in an xml file. The IntelliSense addin gets the descriptions from the table and shows them as a tool tip when the cursor is hovered over the parameter name. It works fine when I save the parameter description table on a worksheet, but I don't know how to load an xml file containing just the table description into the addin/workbook to accomplish the same thing. Supposedly the IntelliSense addin will automatically access either the worksheet table, or if an xml file is provided, it will access the xml table description, provided it can find it somewhere. How do I load it and where should I put it?

“What I told you was true ... from a certain point of view.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Return of the Jedi"

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No thanks. I avoid Google-NSA exposure.
Besides it seemed to be the answer to my question right there, but it didn't work, so it appeared to be a bit of a dead end.

“What I told you was true ... from a certain point of view.” - Obi-Wan Kenobi, "Return of the Jedi"

Thanks. I'll try it.
Rats! I have to make another account there! Maybe not.

I'll just work with a hidden worksheet while this resolves, starts working for some unknown reason, breaks entirely, or morphs into Excel 2016.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back