Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG and I-DEAS on the same machine?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ilay

Mechanical
Mar 11, 2004
PH
I'm using Unigraphics NX 2 and I-DEAS NX on the same machine. The problem is that everytime I want to use either of the two I have to stop the license server service (FlexLm), make changes to the paths regarding the license file and "lmgd.exe" and then restart the service. I read in the FlexLm manual that is is possible to load both license files with one lisence daemon but so far haven't succeded. Anyone?

Specs:
P4 @ 3.2 GHz with 2048Mb RAM, WinXP SP1. UG and I-DEAS are installed in a separate partition (not c:\)

Thanx

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm using Unigraphics NX 2 and I-DEAS NX on the same machine.
I have win 2000. IDEAS license file is installed in my machine but UG license manager is installed on server. I do not have problems. I try not to use both at the same time.
hope this helps.

I don't have both running on the same machine but can't see a problem with it unless both licenses run on the same port. I-DEAS uses port 7610, not sure what UG uses.

Assuming ports are different then do you have two different server entries in the FlexLM GUI, one for I-DEAS and one for UG. Each pointing towards its' corresponding lmgrd.exe and xxxxx.lic or xxxxx.dat files.

If you've got two separate entries can you check status on each to ensure that both are reported to be "UP"

UG uses 27000.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli
CAD/CAM System Analyst
Ingersoll-Rand

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back