Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UG Spacepilot Configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JPM73

Mechanical
Oct 12, 2007
US
Hi,

I just received the HP Spacepilot to use with NX4. I am looking to specifically configure a Pan / Zoom option or turn on or off the Rotation option.

Where the heck in the 3Dx Button Mapping Editor do I find this?

Also, where the heck is the rotation speed control option within the 3Dx Button Mapping Editor?

Thanks

QuEST / GE Mechanical Designer

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Well on my computer I can find my 3dx software (if I have ug up) in the lower right corner next to the time on the start bar for windows. You should be able to double click on that and you can map buttons and change anything else you want.

Hi,

Let me try to clarify my own question, concerning the 3Dx Spacepilot configuration.

I have a panel that gives me multiple options to map or configure the various spacepilot buttons, which is easy to do.

However, I can't find the options or drop-down commands to turn the rotation on & off & still be able to Pan & Zoon. Basically, when in the model applcation, I want to Pan & Zoom the part, without rotating it & I know there's an option for this.

Who out here knows how to or where to find this option?

Thanks

Hi,

Nevermind... I figured the option out on my own. On the HP Spacepilot, just simply press on the 3D button to turn on or off the rotatation option.

Hi EWH,

For some reason, the 3DInput Devices is inactive within my UG session. It appears that the 3Dx Spacepilot Mapping Editor took its place, which now represents multiple options to map the Spacepilot buttons.

It also makes it harder to find things, especially if the names changed from previous UG versions.

Yeap..

The Spacepilot is just some fancier tool to do the basically the same thing that the previous spaceball versions did...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back