Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

UGSLicensing file

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darthdad

Mechanical
Aug 19, 2005
Hi Guys

I just tried to install NX6 and received an error message when installing the licensing. Now it won't let me install/repair or remove UGSLicensing. Has anyone had this problem before?
I've un-installed NX5 and NX6, but still can't get rid of UGSLicensing. And it's happened at the worse possible time, with this huge deadline we have.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi miner49

Not yet, been in contact with our local UGS guys. They have suggested registry clean up software. I have done that and it has not helped. There other suggestion was to reformat the machine, and I'm not going to do that! I tried to reload the NX5 licensing but it just tells me I have a later release of NX installed. Which I don't! I'm a bit stuck to be honest.
Will try and find my webkey and speak to gtac.

I've also experienced this phenomenon, same exact description as the original poster. The only way I was able to remedy it was to perform a "System Restore" in windows to an earlier time frame. In order to do this you need to have administrator rights. In Windows XP Professional you have to go into "Control Panel" --> "Performance and Maintenance"--> on the left hand side bar you will see "System Restore". Once you select this a new dialogue will open up and you will have the option to restore your computer back to a previous time frame before you installed the license server and NX6. Once you restore your computer you should go through the files to make sure that the software is gone. After this you should be able to install NX6 License server and NX6 again. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back