Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ultrasonic level transmitter for elevated storage tank

Status
Not open for further replies.

wpr

Civil/Environmental
Nov 14, 2002
US
Is anyone satisfied or dissatisfied with any particular ultrasonic level transmitter for an elevated storage tank? If anyone can point me to a generic spec for an ultrasonic arrangement, I would appreciate it. Another question: I have typically, acutally always, required an operating range for the entire tank depth, not just operating range, in case the tank is unusually low. Anybody disagree? thanks folks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Not sure why you would want a level transmitter on an elevated water tank. To maintain the level, you would have to climb the tower.

The simplest method to determine the water level is to install a pressure transmitter at the base of the tower on the inlet/outlet pipe. Use an instrument isolation valve when installing the transmitter so that the pressure transmitter can be maintained. The cost of a pressure transmitter is around $700.

The water pressure read by the pressure transmitter is then converted into a water level reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back