Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Un-folded view representation

Status
Not open for further replies.

MuzamilEETC

Mechanical
Nov 16, 2010
JP
Hi,

How to show a Revolved or Un-folded view in drawing. Please see the attachment for the details.

Thanks and regards
Muzamil

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Open the model, go into the view manager and click new section. Name it, then choose offset as the type. It will have you define a sketch plane, this plane is the plane that you will sketch the section cut line in. Go through the prompts then draw a lines for how you want the cut to be made (basically draw the section lines).

Once it is made in the drawing you will need to choose the section you made, then choose the "Full(Unfold}" option. You can display section lines like usual on the parent view.

In ProE that kind of view is designated an Offset X-sec. Choose that option instead of Planar on the Options menu and Both Sides which will make it cut thru the entire view. Then sketch your Section in ProE.

eng-tips_thd294008_un-folded_WF2.PNG

The Unfolded display can be obtained by choosing Full(Aligned) from Sectioned Area drop down then choosing the unfold axis.
WF2_Full(Aligned)_Offset-Xsec_dialog.PNG

Michael
@trajpar

I finished writing my response at 3:30 but then Mozilla Up and Crashed. Though it looks like it's finger is pointing in Google Picasa's direction. Good thing it retained my text or I would've had to recall what I had said and think it up again. Sometimes when I'm done with an answer I'll see a couple of quick shooters have taken out all the Ducks(Questions). I like being thorough

Well maybe you can answer me this?
After getting the FULL(Aligned) view gets created now it's locked as such. This is ProE you have always been able to switch a view type after creation and modify it. I assume if you create an aligned view you'd wan't to keep it as such but shouldn't that decision be mine. I think it's in the ProE constitution.

This may be a bug the + - arrows go away and you can't right click and choose remove.
was using WF2 for this one but will check 5 to make sure it has this problem.

Michael
@trajpar

I think they fixed that bug in the newer versions. I am running Creo and in my version if you have it set to either Full(Aligned) or Full(Unfold) you can set it back to Full. Once you go back to Full you then have the option to change to any of the usual choices again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back