Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Un-highlighting model/edges

Status
Not open for further replies.

SrGilberto

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2004
US
Hello all,

(I use Pro/E Wildfire 2.0)

In drawing mode, when I select "View" then "Drawing Display" then "Edge Display", I get a pop-up menu. On the pop-up menu there is a selection "Highlight Mod". When I select that there are certain edges that become highlighted (they turn bold blue).

My problem is that I've not seen any selection that allows me to un-highlight the model/edges. What I've been doing to redraw the views without the highlighted edges is to save the drawing then erase it from session then bring it back up again. Is this weird? Am I overlooking something that is incredibly obvious, but just can see it?

Thank you in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

SrGilberto

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hmmm, there doesn't seem to be an unhighlight option, but I've found a way to unhighlight the edges without having to save, erase, and reopen:
Left click a view whose modified edges have been highlighted, then go to edit > properties. If the view is a general view and has no parent views, then in the category labeled "view type" there are options to change the view orientation. If you choose the "angles" method then cancel before applying any changes, the highlighted edges become unhighlighted.
If the view is not a general view and is dependent on another view, follow the above procedure on the general view that it's dependent on.

This is a silly process, but I guess it beats saving and reopening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back