Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to access results of more complex Mechanica problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

RBobroski

Aerospace
Oct 11, 2010
US
I am trying to run a structural analysis on 2 PVC wheels with a rigid axle in between, putting the force on the axle and showing the displacement and stress on the wheels themselves only.

Whenever I try to run Mechanica analysis' like this I always get the same error. It meshes fine, the design analysis runs fine, but then when I click view results the results window opens with no prompt, and then when I manually locate the results file I get the error shown in the attached Jpeg. This only happens with more complicated analysis, as I did a test run on a simple cantilevered beam constrained at one end and the results popped up with a prompt on what to display and then showed the results no problem. Almost all the structural analysis I have to do are on more complicated setups so if anyone could guide me in the right direction to get my results shown that would be great.

By the way I am constraining the outer surfaces of the wheels to act as the ground, and putting the force across the axle which I defined as a rigid member. Is this the appropriate way to go about this?

Regards, and thanks in advance for the help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Let me add that the model files are indeed in the appropriate directory. Hence me being confused by this prompt, especially with no mesh or design errors.

Nevermind, Figured it out. Apparently I wasn't waiting for the design analysis to finish. My computer sounds completely silent, I didn't know it was still processing in the background.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back