Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable to Bend with Bend Command

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy

Aerospace
Sep 28, 2021
US
Hello All -

Recently was upgraded to NX version 1980 and for whatever reason I can't use the bend command to select 2 points on the bend line anymore. If I click on the bend line nothing happens or executes.

In all of the previous versions I've worked with in 10 years, the standard process of creating a model from the original flat pattern has always been to Extrude, convert to sheet metal and bend.

I'm at a loss. Please advise and hopefully I can explain in more detail if need be.

Thanks in advance!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

All I can suggest is to make sure your filters are set to where they should be for this application.
Also make sure your new Role is what it was in the previous version.

Jerry J.
UGV5-NX1961

Hi @Eppy,

I'd be interested in more detail to assist you. I am curious why you create the formed from the flat but that's a side issue. Can you share a part file and details of the bend and I can take a look.
Seems to be working fine for me. I created a sketch and selected that line for the bend.

The " to select 2 points on the bend line anymore. " does not ring a bell with me, should be a line , shouldn't it ?
Or was this 2 point method pre NX3 when the current sheet metal foundation was implemented ?

Regards,
Tomas

Never try to teach a pig to sing. I wastes your time and it annoys the pig.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back