Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unable To Save File

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wiemannironworks

Mechanical
Nov 19, 2004
US
I have just finished a PSM sheetmatal file and now SE will not allow me to save it. I cannot save it to my network, which I am logged into. I cannot save it to my local C: drive. I cannot even save it to a compact flash drive card. The actual dialog box reads:

Cannot save the file. You may not have write-access for the file or directory.

Have I inadvertantly locked the file as read only somehow? It's a new PSM drawing, not generated from any other software. I have already made several other pieces and had no problems with them. Why this one?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

I found one additional solution to this problem:

[cite]
Most everyone has encountered the dreaded
"Cannot save file ...." error in a 3D Solid Edge environment.

Well, I've had tremendous success lately by switching the view format from Shaded
with Visible Edges to Visible and Hidden Edges, then selecting the Save icon.

From that point forward, I can save the file again using Shaded with Visible Edges.

Granted, this does nothing to help when the error occurs in Draft, but it's
a start.
Now, if only someone at UGS can explain why this trick works ....

[/cite]

dY

I tried that with no effect. However, I did convert the PSM file to a PAR file and it saved it no problem. It is strange. It really freaked out my Project Manager who also has MIS duties here. He thought that I had suddenly lost all access and rights to the server. Nope. Just SE and that particular file.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back