Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Understanding Flow Control Valve's Datasheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khan_N

Chemical
Aug 10, 2020
AU
Hello,

I have a question about one of the Calculated variable on the flow control Valve Datasheet.

It is called the "Choke Drop". I would like to know what does it mean and what will happen if this condition is achieved. Please see attached datasheet- Row-22

I have searched google but it takes me to Choked Flow and I believe it is a different parameter.

Thanks in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've never heard the therm "choke drop", but it sure sounds like a descriptive phrase someone came up with for Xt, which is the minimum pressure drop ratio corresponding to choke flow for that particular valve type. If indeed that's what was intended for that datasheet entry, then I suggest you edit the form and add "(Xt)" after the words "choke drop", so there's no confusion about what is meant.

We'll never know if we can't see the data sheet....

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

choke drop - it is pressure drop in control valve up to level and it is equal to choke flow or velocity equal to sonic.
if it happen than no more mass can go through control valve
and other issue is cavitation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back