Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Undocumented Enhancements in SW07

Status
Not open for further replies.

CorBlimeyLimey

Mechanical
Nov 5, 2003
CA
It was recently pointed out by Gildashard in thread559-171112, that an isometric section view can be created from an orthographic section view.

Also, someone else (sorry could not find the thread) pointed out that you can use the "Pack and Go", "Rename" and "Replace" functions from within Windows Explorer. SolidWorks does not even need to be open!!! Just RMB on a SW document, and select the SolidWorks option and a SW Explorer sub-window opens.

Anyone else found any neat "hidden" tricks.

[cheers]

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Just an fyi, the isometric Section View was added to SP2.....good reason to upgrade......not to mention the numerous bug fixes.

Jason

UG NX2.02.2 on Win2000 SP3
SolidWorks 2006 SP5.0 on WinXP SP2

Here is the thread you mentioned earlier:

Something kinda helpful is right-clicking a model while in a drawing file and clicking open. This now opens the configuration on that drawing sheet. You used to have to open the model, then try and find which configuration it was.

I wish you could double-click a part (with configurations) in an assembly and modify it's dimensions without getting the error: "Can only edit dimensions in the active configuration."

SW07 SP1.0

Flores

TheTick ... yes, and deliberately so! [wink]

smcadman ... I had a feeling it was you! I searched for "rename" in the body & titles, but that thread was not returned. I should have just gone back through your replies.
And I agree, the 'open active config' function is also helpful.

[cheers]

I'm not sure whether this is documented, but I don't remember seeing it in the demos, etc. If your assembly has an animation--when you create an eDrawing, it captures the animation. There's a small film-looking icon on the left with all the others. (I thought this was the typical "animation" between views, but it animated my motion paths!)

Nice feature, documented or not.

Jeff Mowry
Reason trumps all. And awe trumps reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back