Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unhide Hidden Paramters 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lgbav8r

Aerospace
Sep 29, 2004
US
I have a model that was delivered from a customer and some parameters are hidden in the tree and locked which I need to modify. Is there a quick way that I can just unhide all parameters in the tree?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Right click on the parameters branch tree, then choose parameters object -> hidden parameters and you'll have a list of the hidden parameters. Select the hidden parameter you want to see and click on show button.

-Hora

Hmm. I think my problem may have been slightly misunderstood. I have a parameter that is locked. It is called 'External Parameters\skin thk' under the formula window. The problem is the tree does not contain (at least it is not visible) "External Parameters" so I have no idea how to view it.

You need to display the parameter.

Go to Tools -> Options -> Infrastructure -> Product Structure -> Tree Customization.

You will find a list box with several things listed, among them "parameters". Make sure it's set to "yes". (not sure why it isn't just a check box - ???)

Hope that helps.

---
CAD design engineering services - Catia V4, Catia V5, and CAD Translation. Catia V5 resources - CATBlog.

"EXTERNAL PARAMETERS" means the parameters are copied with a link back to another CATIA file. EDIT + LINKS will list all the links along with the other files that your file points to.

If you have the master file; then you can change the parameter there.

If you don't have the master file; then you can isolate the External Reference set, to delete all the links.

Thanks jackk! The external parameters was linked to a file that was not delivered to us. I am now able to change my parameter. I spent so much time trying to figure it out. I have never messed with parameters before.

lgbav8r - you can change the external parameter with a few mouse clicks. create a parameter with the same properties as the external parameter (if it is a length parameter, create another length parameter. Fill this new parameter with a reasonable value. Contextual menu over the external parameter, replace -- then pick the new parameter created. This will swap every instance of the external parameter with your new one.

Regards,
Derek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back