Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unigraphics for Injection Mold Design

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlandm

Mechanical
Mar 19, 2002
US
The company I work for is considering purchasing Unigraphics with the Mold Wizard add in to do small to large injection mold design. Has anyone used this software for this specific purpose and how did it work? Were there any drawbacks or problem areas? Currently we are using Mechanical Desktop 6. Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have used Unigraphics and the Mold Wizard quite extensively over the past years. I was even involved in helping to define requirements for the Mold Wizard product. Unigraphics and Mold Wizard are top notch tools for injection mold design big and small. Unigraphics is unprecidented in its' ability to manipulate imported models from your customers because it is a hybrid modeler (Surfaces, Solids, Wireframe, Parametrics, Explicit Modeling). Unigraphics is the only CAD system able to easily manipulate any data (iges, step, parasolid, acis) with its' direct modeling tools. Unigraphics is the industry leading CAD system in the injection molding industry and should be considered highly.

Best Regards,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back