Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Units

Status
Not open for further replies.

GSEngineer

Structural
Jun 23, 2010
US
Is there a way to change units with the click of a button? I have a workbook template created for my group which was written in English units. I changed a few values (gal to ft^3, for example), so now they are "permanent" units in the workbook.

A collegue of mine is using my template for a bid that calls for metric units. He is very annoyed with the fact that he can't quickly type the inputs and be done. He doesn't want to have to go to every equation and change the output unit.

Does anyone know if a macro could be made, or if there is some other way to do what I want to do?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Yes, but the problem is, I already redefined some values. For example, in English units, I would rather have ft^3 than have gal, so I redefined that value in the solution. But when I try to convert to SI units, the gal remains. There are several instances of this sort of example and it is proving to be rather cumbersome for my colleague to change all of the unit values manually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back