Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Unknown spline

Status
Not open for further replies.

AeroWilly

Aerospace
Jan 2, 2017
AR
Hello, I hope someone can help me with this, I need the manufacturing data to make an splined hub , which is for a lobejoy coupling, to fit an input shaft.
This shaft is from an Eaton truck gearbox, model 6305B. I´ve measured the spline, but measurements didn't fit SAE Straight Tooth standard data.
Does anybody here knows what is the industry standard for this kind of input shaft?
I can provide pictures and part number if necessary,

Thanks for your time in advance,

Willy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unless someone has the drawing package for the Eaton truck gearbox, it's going to be difficult to help.

Perhaps you would post the measurements you took?

The link doesn´t seem to be working, here are the measurements:

Shaft Diameter: 44mm or 1.73in
Tooth spacing: 6.92mm or 0.27in
tooth height: 5.45mm or 0.21in
Minor diameter: 33.1mm or 1.3in
Spline lenght: 70mm or 2.79in

You'll need to upload a drawing/sketch ensuring that it shows dimensions of the complete profile of the roots as well as the complete profile of the tips. With a profile that has 10 teeth on such a relatively small shaft; the root profile is likely to (but not necessarily) be close to a full radius. In this case; you're going to have to measure the height of the active-portion/profile of the teeth. This is the radial distance from the tip of the tooth down to the start of the root radius.

I'm a tad confused.
The representation of the spline you're showing on the drawing is for an internal spline.
Which dimensions are you trying to confirm, the shaft or the hub?
Also, you haven't given all of the dimensions I've asked for.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back