Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Unscaling Drawings for output to .dxf

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niallc

Mechanical
Jul 15, 2002
BE
We use Radan for the CAM side of our sheet metal factory. We used to use Radan 2D to do our flat patterns etc but now we have upgraded to Solidworks. Some of my models are quite big so flat patterns are often drawn on sheets at scales of 1:20. However when I export to .dxf or .dwg I cannot not get Radan to resize the drawing that it is importing even thought there are settings that supposedly allow me to do so. My Radan vendor says it must be in the way Solidworks scales the sheet. My question is, is it possible to keep the drawing at 1:1 scale all the time and just increase the size of my standard sheet around it or is it possible to somehow un-scale the drawing as it is exported?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

There are options for export scale go to save as set file type to DXF and click the options button there is a check box for export at 1:1
I don’t know if this will do what you want but worth a try

I add a sheet with no template, just inserting the part in 1:1 and then when sheet is open exporting this sheet for dxf. The dimension lines etc. are not used in CAM, so you save yourself from removing these and text, and thus minimizing the risc of error. Morten K. Thillemann

We have a template set-up (like the rest of our drawing templates) for exporting 1:1 DXF files to our Sheet Metal department. We just have to insert the flat-patterm into it a send it on it's way. It can save a few minutes everyday, so it's worth looking in to. "The attempt and not the deed confounds us."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back