Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

(Update) DWGEditor & Load Lisp on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwdaniel

Mechanical
Jul 7, 2006
US
In response to closed thread559-107337 by brrian, a possible solution.

I was trying to solve this same issue and the vague helpfile wasn't much help. After reading the above closed thread I tried the following and it's working.

Create a text file call dwgeditor.lsp and put it in your ...../solidworks/dwgeditor directory.

This file can contain all of the lisp routines you want in one place.

Or you can have it load individual other .lsp files with statements like this:

(LOAD "file") with "file" being the name of the file you want to load ie file.lsp

I was trying to load the all fonts and line types in DWG editor and couldn't work.(How DWG editor can load all lines and fonts while it is starting?)

cwdaniel,

Can you please post a sample text file to explain the lisp routines?

Thanks

I'm not sure what's involved with loading fonts and line types, but here's a sample of some of the lisp routines I'm loading:

(defun c:eek: () (command "offset"))
(defun c:pe () (command "pedit"))
(defun c:pl () (command "pline"))
(defun c:po () (command "polygon"))
(defun c:r () (command "redraw"))
(defun c:re () (command "regen"))
(defun c:rec () (command "rectang"))

I'm a really old school autocad user and I prefer to use keyboard shortcuts for a lot of commands, rather than the hieroglyphic icons that are mostly a mystery to me. The above lisp turns basic commands into 1, 2 or 3 letter keystrokes. For me it's much faster hunting and pecking with the mouse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back