Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Update problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

NX3user

Automotive
Jun 30, 2005
DE
Hi,

It’s possible to delete some elements let’ say a curve but the children of this to remain even aren’t updated?
I think it’s something with the settings somewhere it’s an option to keep the children from the parents that are deleted.
Can somebody tell me what settings I must modify?

Thanks to all.
Regards.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

follow the following path and delete all un used parameters by clicking the related check box.

File -> Utilities -> partcleanup

cheers.

Tobias

I don’t want my parts to be on automatic update I want to control updates (some manual update likes in CatiaV5). Let’s say I have some operation which is parents and I erase some of this, I don’t want to lose the children’s.

Example:

I have one sew surface, inside five surfaces, and I use that sew to trim one solid,
but because the design was changed one of the five was modified and the sew it’s not working and I erase this sew (because later I will create other sew) but after one warning message the solid will be erased, I want to keep the operations on solid.

Thanks

For the example above, I would suggest that you edit the sew rather than delete it; or live with recreating the trim. Whether you are on automatic updates or manual, you will lose the trim when you delete the sew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back