Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Upgrading basic Industrial oven to ignition system

Status
Not open for further replies.

sayedengg

Electrical
Jan 21, 2012
Hi All, This is my first post here,and I would try my best to state as much clearly I can. It will be great if someone in here can give some inputs regarding the ignition system and automation used in food industry.
We are discussing about upgrading our industrial baking ovens, which are of conveyor type. The conveyor oven contains dies on it which rotates on the big gas stove.
The main reason of upgrading our system is for two reason , one is safety and the other is heat control system. The safety reason is very important, as the operators who ignites daily the oven ,does it by manually by throwing fired paper on the opened LPG gas. Sometimes, the operators doesn't open air valve much and by the time they realise it , they feel burst fire.
There are total seven such big ovens and few of them had the ignition system which was like pilot valves opens first and then the main valve. This system used to give lot of starting problem and at last our people have bypassed this ignition system.
If you need any more information, I'll try to provide as much I can. My main concern here is the safety of the operators, and I would like to let you know these oven operators are great and they practically know how much to open up valves to let LPG flow for the required baking of the wafers and other stuff. Since, our oven temp sensors are not accurate and the pressure gages are broken much. Please let me know what are the best valves and the sensors and controls to used.

Some details of oven :
Fuel : LPG
Temp control : manually adjust the fuel valve
Temp range : 230- 270 C
Pressure of Inlet LPG: 2kg

Live and let live

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back