Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

upgrading NX in Teamcenter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sam5a1

Industrial
Jan 23, 2012
US
simple question here, when upgrading NX (like going from 7.5 to 8) there are some files that get copied from NX into Tc. The question is what files, where are they in NX and where do they get copied to in Tc? I just want to be sure that I don't miss anything in the upgrade.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Make sure your version of TC will work with NX8!
Compatability between TC and NX is only at certain points along the way.

Any install of NX should account for the version of TC running.

In the cae of Pro/Engineer and PDMLink, there are no special files needed by PDMLink from the Pro/E install. I just have to be sure that the 2 programs are certified to run together. In some cases, I can install a new build of Pro/E without any issues at all.

"Wildfires are dangerous, hard to control, and economically catastrophic."

Ben Loosli

Compatability is a biggie here. We're using Tc, NX and I-Deas so I have to be very careful that the versions of Tc, NX, I-Deas, TcII and NX integration all work together. But when upgrading NX, there is a file that has to be copied from the NX manager and pasted to Tc SOA. I can't remember what the file is, where is it is located or where it is to be copied. It seems that when we moved up from NX6.02 to NX7.5.4.4 I either didn't keep good notes or I lost them. And I can't find this in the help files of either NX or Tc.

Hello Sam,
I know that if the correct SOA file has not been copied then you will get a message telling you what file(s) need to be copied into which directories.
At least it did for me when I was testing the next version of NX with TC on my computer.
Regards
Jurgen

You need to copy all the .xml files from %UGII_BASE_DIR%\UGMANAGER to TCDATA\soa\policies. You should do this with after any NX upgrade including maintenance releases and maintenance pack updates. As mentioned above, you fill be warned during NX Integrated startup if any soa files are missing but not if they are out of date.

Thanks for the pointer on the out of date .xml files. That could lead to some "intresting" issues, especially when jumping complete versions.

Now that I see the from and to locations, I remember them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back