Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Urgent ANSYS help

Status
Not open for further replies.

CElliott8

Mechanical
Jul 11, 2012
US
My final research paper is due over the weekend, and I need help quickly. I am trying to make a functionally graded material (FGM) and apply loads to radial rings attached to the FGM using ANSYS. I am using the axisymmetric feature on ANSYS, and I am encountering problems with how to mate or glue each ring to the FGM. I am attaching a photo of the system in 2-D. I am fairly new with ANSYS, so I am unsure how I should glue each part together. If referencing the photo, you can see that the four rectangular pieces in the middle make up the FGM, and the 6 outer rectangles will make the radial rings when axisymmetry is applied. I need the surface of each of the 6 outer rectangles to be attached to the surface of the FGM. If I use the glue>areas>pick all command then ANSYS seems to think that the whole system is one instead of separate radial layers along with a FGM that is layered. Can anyone help me with this?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I'm not sure what exactly do you want, maybe you need two parts connected perfectly, you may connect nodes or merge them after meshing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back