Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

USB Output Board Sourcing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sam Neall

Mechanical
Mar 26, 2020
US
Back again haha. I’ve ordered new parts to fix the problem in my last post where I detailed a blown up USB hub. Right now I’m focused on getting my equipment back up and running because it turns out when the USB hub blew up, it shorted out some of my electronics that were plugged into it. I’m guessing the USB output boards are the only things that have broken on these electronics so I would like to know if any of you know where to buy new boards for these. There are two components that I need to fix. The first outputs via Micro USB and is a handbrake that converts an analog signal from a hall sensor to a windows recognizable controller. The other outputs via USB-B and is a gear shifter which converts on/off signals generated by a hall sensors to a windows recognizable controller. I have no idea what the technical term is for a board that converts button presses to a USB digital signal so I’m having trouble finding the right components. I have already contacted the sellers of both of these items to see if there is a warranty and if not to see if they can point me in the direction of where they source their USB output boards but I haven’t heard back yet. I have attached pictures of the boards in question-
Handbrake:
Shifter:

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Could you post pictures of the ic lettering?

Your second image looks as if it might just be a simple USB to serial converter.

In general, octoparts is a nice website when trying to find sellers for specific parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back