Used in FW one process of multi-process WPS_EN 15609-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dane Rot

Petroleum
Jun 15, 2023
SE
Hi dear all,

As per european standard 15609-1, our subcontractor has used a butt/fillet WPS to perform some fillet welds of some supports.

The WPS is a multiprocess 141+111 processes: for pipes 141 is for root pass and 111 is for filling.

To perform the fillet weld of supports, can our subcontractor use the same WPS to weld the fillet weld joint just with 111 process (avoiding 141 process), considering that the backing material is the base material? Our subcontractor said yes: see note in the attachment; no 141 process if 111 or 136 is present.

If yes, where is written this?

I tried to catch all around this info, but I didn't find anything.

Many thanks for your feedback
Best regards

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=d4ce7cc1-d987-4b47-86e4-e798f31039f4&file=WPS.pdf
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Holy clusterfuck.
Please make them write different WPSses for the different cases.

Once the WPS is clear, you can check validity/conformity against the qualifying WPQR.
Keep in mind the WPS is an instrument for the welder. If it's not clear for the engineers, what do you think they'll do in the workshop?

I agree 100% with Kingnero,
Absolute rubbish.
Just one example - 0.7 lower thickness of A & B.
How many welders carry a calculator in their tool kit ?
You are reviewing the WPS after they have completed the welds - not very good quality control of your subcontractor.
If I was a welder and you gave me that WPS I would pack up my gear and walk out the door.
kingnero said:
Keep in mind the WPS is an instrument for the welder. If it's not clear for the engineers, what do you think they'll do in the workshop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back