Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

USER FATAL MESSAGE 2016 (IFP6) 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xprivate

Aerospace
May 26, 2023
CA
hi all i am trying to do steady-state heat transfer on a composite laminate and I am getting the following error message. i tried filling all the material properties and still i am getting this message.
Can someone help ? thanks in advance

*** USER FATAL MESSAGE 2016 (IFP6)
NO MATERIAL PROPERTIES EXIST.
User information:
Material properties are required for matrix generation and none
are present in the Bulk Data Section.
0FATAL ERROR

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i run the entire model and i can see my material property in my BDF . also to note , i ran the model all metallic it was successful but when have this particular composite property i get this error. even if i dont assign to any elements but just creat this composite materia lcard i get this error

Aren't there two material cards for composites ? isn't there one card (PCOMP ?) defining the laminate lay-up and a separate cars defining the composite material properties ?

"Hoffen wir mal, dass alles gut geht !"
General Paulus, Nov 1942, outside Stalingrad after the launch of Operation Uranus.

It looks like Nastran does not support MAT5 on the PCOMP card. Whereas a PSHELL supports materials for heat transfer. From Nastran docs for PSHELL, remark 10 "For heat transfer problems, MIDi must reference a MAT4 or MAT5 material property entry."

Perhaps there is a common workaround...? Curious to see if anyone has run into this before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back