Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

User Subroutine

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney75

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2007
IT
Hi guys,
I'd like to specify the maximum time increment of a step while the step is running. I mean, I'd like to implement a subroutine that after a step increment is finished, some outputs are extracted from the fil, then I perform some calculation with this outputs then on the basis of the results I'd like to impose the time increment of the next step increment inorder to increase or decrease it as a function of the calculation results. Is it possible?
I hope it is clear.

Thanks
Bye

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

UEXTERNALDB : This subroutine is called at the end of every increment. You can call other programs from this.

URDFIL : This reads the file file.

So in principle you can read the fil file and and do some calulcations on the field values. But to set the time increment.? anyone knows?

Maybe a combination of ABAQUS Scripting Interface(ASI) and RESTART might work. You can use ASI to script model generation/update and to extract data from the .odb files.

Hi guys,
thanks for the answers.
Actually I'd like to avoid so complicated procedure using restart....therefore at the end of the day no user subroutine for the scope to impose directly the step increment :-(

See you

Hi potf,
yes u are right. I read only the overview and so I missed that one....always read till the end of the page!!:)

Thanks a lot guys

Bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back