Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

user subroutine

Status
Not open for further replies.

barney75

Mechanical
Jan 22, 2007
IT
Hi guys,
I want to write a simple subroutine that gets the coordinates of a node (i.e. 10600, see attached file) and, at the moment, writes them in a text file. Generally I start with simple exercise for understanding how to use, in this case, the function GETVRN. My question is, as far as I understand, for using the GETVRN function, I have to use it inside the function UMESHMOTION in order to get the parameter JGVBLOCK, so at the of the day my "simple" :)-)) subroutine should be as the one I've attached in this thread. One more problem is that in my input I need to use also the MPC user subroutine so the question is how is possible to use both of the subroutine at the same time?

Thanks

Bye

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,
as regards the second issue I got around it simply putting in the same file .for the two subroutine and calling this file in the command line when submitting the analysis. As regards the first issue I realise that I can retrive nodal coordinates also with the function DISP but at the end of my exercise I'd like to impose a concentrated load during a step to a single point as a fucntion of it's spatial coordinates. Is it possible? I found out the user subroutine for applying distributed loads (taht is DLOAD) but anything for concentrated load....

Any suggestion?

tahnks

bye

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back