Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

using a 5 inch lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

mazakoper

Industrial
Dec 13, 2002
US
Ive been using a mazak laser for ten months. I was using a 7.5 inch lens.I just changed over to a 5 inch can someone give me tips on how to keep parts from moving so i can cut faster.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Most flat machines come with an pnuematic clamping system however I have seen machines without them. If you do not have a clamping system you can install a manual clamp system that is fairly inexpensive. If you do have a clamping system then the way you set up your nest is important also. Try to cut from the side of the sheet opposite from your clamps and cut toward your clamp. If you cut from your clamps away then the sheet is very flimsy and will allow it to move. If I can be of any help to you let me know.

Tab you parts in and cut the tabs to remove parts. Its not going to be very popular with the operators but it works. The other way is to move to a gantry style machine where the bed is stationary.

It depends on what kind of parts we're talking about for 3-Axis machine, tabs to hold part in place is the best way (per MazakMan) If we're talking 5-Axis machine I use either magnets on the fixture or De-Staco clamps to hold the part in place. it is a little more exspensive but you can cut it as fast as you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back